It’s easy to create a website without much thought about website strategy or maintenance. Getting a website set up is the first step. But then what do you do? Here are seven easy methods for streamlining your web site.
- Simplify Keep your layout and content design as simple as possible. Visitors will not stick around a website that is cluttered or confusing, and the last thing you want is a high bounce rate. Less really is more, especially in web design.
- Website Maintenance Check all of the links on your website on a regular basis and fix or remove any links that no longer work. Look for other problems that may need to be fixed, such as broken code, and take care of them as needed. Regular website maintenance is an integral component of your online presence and strategy, because if parts of your website are not ‘working’ properly, you will be penalized by both search engines and potential customers.
- Get a Makeover If you haven’t changed any major components of your website design in a year or more, it’s time for an update. Have your changed your logo, company color scheme or other major design component for your business” Make sure that your website reflects it.
- Refresh the About Us page Read through your About Us page once or twice a year and make changes as necessary. Even if most of the information stays the same, consider components that may need updating, such as staff photos and products/services offered. Because your site is the online reflection of your business, it needs to be as up-to-date as your offline operations.
- Blog A blog can be a great asset to both your website and business. Avoid using a blog purely for promotion and consider topics that will be relevant and helpful for your customers. Set a blog schedule that works for you and stick with it.
- Add News and Stories Let people know that your company is thriving and is active as ever by posting news updates and current stories on a regular basis.
- Don’t Be Mysterious People have come to your website for information about your company or relevant information about your particular field. Keep your content straightforward and honest.
184 total views, 5 views today